Monday, June 10, 2013

So the glad news is I didn't drown in my first tropical storm, or get struck by lightning which is always good. This also means that I was in Florida the whole time. I have not left for Argentina yet. No news on the Visa yet either. I think it will be one of those things that I will hear of it and then next thing you know I will be on my way out. Yup, it will be quite an experience.
  More about the storm. Well lets just say the work truly does press forward no matter the weather. I think out of this week with the tropical storm I was out in the rain for the majority of it. The only reason we do stay inside is because lightning is close by. We have 30 seconds of a buffer between flash and sound. If it is anything closer than that we have to take cover. For example these last two days we have had dinners scheduled with members. The day looked all great in the area and we started biking to the member’s houses. The sad thing was we got half way there and it started pouring buckets and lighting was 5 seconds between flash and sound. Yup it was pretty crazy. We had to cancel the dinner, but the member did bring us food at the Publix that we were stuck at for 2 hours waiting for the lightning to pass. The other one was yesterday. We had had rain in the early morning so we thought it was the end. Well we biked down for another dinner and next thing you know BANG! Flash and sound 3 seconds. Yeah we took cover. The good thing was, the member was willing to pick us up in his truck with our bikes and take us to his house. People are so nice.
   The missionary work continues down here in Florida. Saul and Iris continue to be our most positive investigators. We are pretty sure both of them are going to be baptized in the next couple weeks, which is amazing. Iris is having a hard time getting to Church because of work, but she said that if she doesn't get the next Sunday off, she is quitting. We didn't tell her that, she just knows that getting to Church is that important. She is amazing. She is making cheese cake for our little movie party we have planned for her this week. We will be watching Finding Faith in Christ. Haha she is so funny. She thinks I am weird because I don't talk a lot but I am working on my Spanish enough so I can speak up a little more. 
  The other is Saul, He came to church yesterday. He called us 45 minutes before church and asked if he could come. We found him a ride; he came to church and really loved it. It also helped we had a Linger Longer and he was able to meet the members and he enjoyed himself very well. We are going to try to get him to church this next week and hopefully get him a new date for either the 29th or maybe even earlier.
  Ahhh anyways. I truly do love this work and there is no doubt in my mind that this Church is true. We have a special opportunity to be here in the fullness of the Gospel. With a living prophet on this earth who can give us guidance straight from Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father and that is all through the Priesthood. I love being a missionary and even though we may have to fight through a few storms and may not get our lessons because of it, we are still pursuing the will of the Lord. He blesses the work and will make sure it is done the way he wants it to be done.
  I love you all, I’m missing Bear Lake but the great thing is I just get to experience getting drenched in the rain haha. Good luck with the Garden and all that sunny Utah weather.  

So I thought I would explain some of these photos for this week and the others from last week. So two of the photos from last week were from our dinner with the Bishop of our ward. He is super nice and has truly made our work in the ward easier. The one with the all the missionaries was at Mini Golf with some other missionaries who live in the same apartment complex as us. The one guy holding a cake is an investigator we had that just moved to California. It was his birthday so we made him a cake. It was the last time we saw them it was quite a sad little day. The one with us holding the cake was where we were at a cake auction. The bishop gave us some money to bid on a cake, well we won the big old chocolate cake.




No comments:

Post a Comment