Monday, April 15, 2013

I received a sweet letter from Cameron in the mail this week and have been feeling very selfish and guilty for keeping the whole thing to myself, so I'm sharing.  He added some fun info on his visa and departure. btw: In our weekly email Craig had told him about my job promotion and this is his reply, written the same day as the last email we received....
-Tricia, aka Cameron's mom

Dear Mom
I'm writing you specifically to tell you how happy I am for you.  I got out of the email that you officially took the job.  I am so excited for you.  The Main Branch is getting one of the best BOM's (Branch Operations Managers) and they don't even know it yet.  I am just so happy for you.  I will keep you in my prayers to keep up your amazing strength.  I just absolutely love you and Congratulations!  I send my love with an imaginary/spiritual hug.

I also wanted to thank you for the package and letter, it really made my day.  I love you all.  It's weird, there are so many times I just want to call and tell you guys of something I've learned or so you could hear how much Spanish I am learning.  Then I realize that I can't.  But on May 6th I should be able to call you and talk to someone from the airport.  That is the day I'm leaving the MTC, at the moment at least.

The visa front is going really well.  We met with the Consul.  He signed off on my finger prints and now we just wait some more.  I have 4 weeks left in the MTC and it seemed like the ambassador said the longest it would take was 3 more weeks.  So, let's hope the visa will come in smoothly.

I want to thank you for saving my emails.  My companion and I figured out that we only get to send 104 emails through our whole mission.  I have sent 2 already.  This means I am 1/52 of the way done :)  isn't that sad yet exciting?  I am way excited to continue to serve my mission.

Mom, I know this is short, but the main part of this letter was to say congrats on the promotion.  Also, I love you.  Thank you so much for the package and I can't wait to hear more about your new job.
Love, Elder Cook

(now this is Tricia typing again... on a side note; I gave the sister missionaries in our area a ride on Saturday and one of them was new.  She has been in Herriman and the Salt Lake South Mission for about a week but she is actually supposed to serve in Argentina, Buenos Aires and did not get her visa in time.  After 6 weeks at Provo MTC she was sent here to wait.  She also met with the Argentine Consul the same day as Cameron and told us he is EXTREMELY lucky to have already had that meeting.  Each week she was in the MTC the ambassador was 'supposed' to show up and kept postponing the visit.  Keep the prayers coming, Elder Cook really really wants to go straight to Cordoba!)

1 comment:

  1. Tricia! Also if you think about it now... He has had one of two birthdays while he is gone. Which means he is halfway done? haha. Miss the kid! And congrats on your Job promotion as well!

    ReplyDelete