Monday, May 6, 2013

So mom can't figure out the email pattern! Here's another that didn't come on P Day

I am already excited to serve a mini-mission especially since i get to try to convert Micky Mouse before i get to leave for Argentina. The hope is that i get assigned to the Spanish Speaking Mission there, but that is all up to the President there.

 Well today was the last day of class. We only have fast sunday tomorrow and that means it will be a nice day to just relax before i leave. Oh i am guessing everyone knows by now, but if you don't, i did not get my Visa on time. The great news about that though, i am getting reassigned to the Orlando Florida mission. I am already excited to serve a mini-mission especially since i get to try to convert Micky Mouse before i get to leave for Argentina. The hope is that i get assigned to the Spanish Speaking Mission there, but that is all up to the President there.  I am quite excited because one, i get to serve two missions, and two i get to be out in the field for a time and practice my spanish before getting to Argentina. Accents will be different, but at least i will be able to speak and listen.
   Our district is going to be pulled apart. Most of us are going to different places. We are all really excited for each other though. We have all come out a little stronger from this and feel like we have all lifted each other to excellence. We feel so ready for the Field. I really have a lot of reasons to be thankful for what happened in these last 6 weeks. I have my district and teachers who have really helped me live in the MTC. They have taught me how to be a missionary and they make me feel ready for what is ahead. I really didn't know what to expect for the next two years, and my teachers helped me gain a vision for what might be ahead. I am ready to help people turn to Christ and find the same happiness that i have in the Gospel. The next person i have to give thanks to is my Heavenly Father. In this group i should also include Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost. Through these three beings, i have become a 6th grader in Spanish. I can keep a conversation and bare my testimony with El Espiritu Santo testifying with me. I have learned so much spanish it is crazy. I wrote a whole paper about the first lesson, and surprisingly enough, it wasn't half bad.My teacher gave me a Super Bien. I am feeling really confident in my Spanish, i just hope that my Mission President will let me serve in the Spanish region while i am there so i don't lose track of it.
   Nothing much has happened since Monday besides the reassignment, but the one thing that i feel is really cool is just seeing my friends enter in to the MTC. I am running into a lot of friends here and it just warms my heart to see how many people have answered the call to serve. I know this message has been quite spiritual,but that is all i have been feeling these last couple of days. yesterday and today i just am thanking God for all that i have been given. I am thankful for growing up in the restored gospel. I am thankful for being a part of an eternal family that loves me and supports me. I am thankful that we have modern day prophets that are able to communicate with God and give us modern revelation. I am thankful that i get to have a temple in my Missions. I may just have the opportunity to see some other temples than the ones in Utah which i am quite excited for. I am so thankful for this opportunity to serve my Lord and my God. I hope one day to be a teacher and missionary like Jesus Christ was during his mission. I can't wait to witness the miracles of a mission happen out in the field.
  Well, the next time you will all hear from me, i will be out in Florida. I am excited for the warm weather maybe not so much for the humidity. Well i love you all and i am sorry for not sending pictures this week. Packing is crazy. 
May the Fourth Be With You, and i promise you that you will feel the spirit when you turn to the Lord often.   
Love Elder Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment