Monday, July 8, 2013

So first off, I got a hair cut today. It was about that time where my hair was just getting way to long for this weather. Bugs would always get into my hair and I just hated it. So finally got a hair cut done by the wonderful Elder Giraldo and now i hope that i won't be dying of the heat nearly as much as before.
  So nothing really much happened this week besides the fourth of July and that made a lot of things hard for everyone. Every one is out of town, everyone is super busy(Especially the Spanish people) and no one really likes the missionaries over when they have their extended family over. The cool thing was we had a really cool time with the members were were able to see and were able to stay up until 10:30 to watch fireworks and such. We had our ward and the Zone Leaders come with us the Kissimee lake side fire work show and it was pretty cool. We did some contacting here and there. Got a few potentials for our ward, and moved on to watching the Fire Works. We had a really fun time.
  So i kind of wanted to share a quick scripture for this message. I was reading in Habakkuk because i just had a strange feeling i should and i fell upon this scripture. It is Habakkuk 3:18-19
18 Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation.
19 The Lord God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds’ feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments.

   I really liked this scripture because it truly just proves what the Lord can do for all of us, especially when feeling a little tired or exhausted. This last week has been really rough for our companionship. A lot of our investigators are stopping to progress and are becoming really flakey which scares us quite a bit on their true desires. I was truly tired this week. Then i found this scripture and found inspiration again. If i rejoiced in the Lord, he would carry me to the places where i couldn't do it myself. I finally found the energy that i needed to move forward. I am so thankful that i have the Lord to help lift me up. I can rely on him to move his children to progress and myself to a place where i can stand and declare his word to those who are ready to recieve it.
 I love this work and every day i witness the truth of why i am here.
    Love,
       Elder Cook





No comments:

Post a Comment