Monday, August 26, 2013

Well, this week has been pretty weird.

 Well, this week has been pretty weird. Elder Meza had left us this last thrusday which meant that it is only me and Elder Polito. I am in my first regular companionship since i have been in the MTC. It has been super interesting since Elder Meza has gone because Elder Polito and I have truly gotten to know each other more in these last 4 days than since the beginning of the transfer. Crazy
   Anyway it has been a super good week this week. We taught a super cool person this last week. Her name is Carol and we found her by knocking her door last week and were finally able to get into her house and teach her this week. It was a super good lesson. We were able to teach her the full restoration, teach basically her whole family, and get to know her a lot better. After that fact, we invited her and her family to be baptized. Well Carol basically just told us right out that she can't even remember being baptized and knows that it is super important and would love to get baptized again by true authority. Super cool! Super excited to start seeing her on a weekly basis. One of those cool things that happen during missionary work is you meet some of the coolest people out and about.
   Well i had the impressions to share a quick spiritual thought that came to mind to me yesterday as we were teaching one of the members in our Ward. He was basically talking about how one of his favorite quotes from a movie that i related back to the phrase in the church as Enduring to the End. Well as i was trying to think of a scripture, i came upon one that i found in the Book of Mormon a while back it is 1 Nephi 22:31 which says "Wherefore, ye need not suppose that I and my father are the only ones that have testified, and also taught them. Wherefore,  if ye shall be obedient to the commandments, and endure to the end, ye shall be saved at the last day. And thus it is. Amen" I have been thinking a lot about this these last couple of weeks. A lot of the people that i see or talk to have been going or have gone through a lot in their life. The thing is, is we are there to help them move on from the past with a new objective in life. We give them new opportunities and new options to help "endure to the end". I have seen the miracles in the lives of many people when they put more reliance on Jesus Christ than anyone else. People honestly endure. I love the fact that Jesus Christ suffered for us to endure, that is why we can rely on him. Anyway, I invite anyone who may be going through something rough, new, trying, or even just stressful to turn to the lord. Ask for some comfort, guidance, and maybe just help lifting the load. He is there to help us. I know that to be true. He has helped me in more ways than one since i have gotten out here. I have grown a lot, and i have seen a lot. I love my Savior. I know he he is here with us on this earth. entonces yo se que mi salvador esta aqui con todas las personas. ha sentido que mi salvador me esta ayudando en muchas maneras. Porque mi Salvador sufrio para mi y para ustedes. Gracias para sus oraciones para la obra y para mi y mi companero. Yo estoy agredecido para el amor que siento porque yo se que es parte de mi familia y las otras personas quien estan orando para la obra misional. Espero que ustedes sienten el amor de nuestro Padre y nuestro Salvador. Gracias para todos.
  Te Amo!
      From, 
        Elder Cook
   

No comments:

Post a Comment